Monday 16 February 2009

An Indian Testimony by Brother SAMBI

My full name is - SAMBI REDDY or simply Sam and I am from Hyderabad, Southern India.
SAMBI- "Spiritually Awakening Mortals by Biblical Illuminations"


My website aqddress is www.sam4salvation.blogspot.com Please feelfree to visit


The Essence of the Good News I heard-

ROMANS 5:8-9 (8)But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.(9)Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!


JOHN 10:11 - I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the
sheep.

PHILIPPIANS 2:9-11 (9)Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,(10)that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,in heaven and on earth and under the earth,11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christis Lord,to the glory of God the Father.

He was saying that Jesus came into this world to save the sinners..but not the righteous(no one is righteous in the sight of God).The Holy scriptures said that every human was a sinner.Man by his birth alone has sin in his nature. But God ,in His mercy, showed me the heart of Father towards his sons and daughters who had gone astray. The Father alone,in search of his children came into this evil world in the form of man(son)by humbling himself from the Throne of Heavens to the rugged cross and surrendered himself to the enemy of our soul, and in love,thinking of you and me, took the place of us. There He ,took the punishment on the cross were he was brutally murdered .. How genuine and convincing the message was?-i sighed.But,i was not ready to accept Him as THE ONLY WAY for Mukti.

THE HOLY SPIRIT-THE POWER FROM ABOVE-NO OTHER RELIGION HAS HIM [THE PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT] -
Gentle Holy Spirit hovering over a hindu like me....

Joel 2:28 (King James Version)
28-And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:


John 16:8 (NIV)
8-When He comes, He(HOLY SPIRIT) will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment

JOHN 3:5 - Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

JOHN 16:13-But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into All Truth. He will not speak on his own; He will speak only what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come.

In the last moments of message,the servant of God led us in the SINNERS PRAYER.I knew I desperately needed it. I was conscious of my sin since my childhood. I confessed that I was a sinner to the core of my being and invited Jesus as the Saviour of my life[not as the only Saviour].I had lighter feelings. Afterwards some radical things happened in my life.Dr.Paul Dhinakaran was praying for the deliverance from the bondages,afflictions and addictions like alcohol,drugs and smoking.He was urging the crowd to plead to the Lord for the anointing of the HOLY SPIRIT.It was very new for me as there is no such power in our religion.I hadn't witnessed it in the Catholic circles also.I knelt down and united with the prayers of the speaker and asked the LORD for the HOLY SPIRIT.Suddenly i was empowered and a supernatural weight descended on me.I knew i was not the same person .I was empowered.At this time also,Jesus was like an additional god apart from millions of gods.He had a super natural impact on me.In the last minute,people were testifying about the miracles experienced.Some testified that they had changed their religion suddenly and dumped their idols.I hated that point and gnashed my teeth against them.As an empowered soul, I went to the ‘Jesus calls’ Book stall. I was attracted to one particular book penned by Dr.D.G.S Dhinakaran.The title of the book is -7 LAST SAYINGS OF LORD JESUS ON THE CROSS.In the midnight i reached my room.The very next day,a sudden urge came to take alcohol.I knelt down and cried.In that moment I sensed the deliverance of the strong desire for alcohol. I felt it was a complete deliverance. I never touched alcohol again despite the forces of my friends. Glory to God.Yet, i didn't accept Jesus as my only Savior.

FROM 'ONE OF THE WAYS' TO 'THE ONLY WAY'-

Acts 4:12, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

"I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: 'I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept His claim to be God.'- C.S.LEWIS

I had experienced a miracle personally with the empowerment of the HOLY SPIRIT from above. My old faith couldn't help me get rid of my addictions.Should I follow this new religion by shifting loyalty to this new god? I contemplated. No. Miracles like this happen in other religions. I wanted to know what really distinguishes Jesus from these other gods. What Jesus only can do and others can’t? Though I know I was a new man both outside and inside, I didn't accept Jesus as the only God. I posed many questions genuinely. How can you alone be the ONLY GOD? How can thousands of saints of other religions be wrong? How come you are exceptional? Perhaps, you are the BEST among all gods and ways-I reflected: When the best is free, why the rest? I pleaded Him to reveal the mystery and enlighten me if He were the ONLY WAY.
A sudden appetite to know Him more and more grew in my soul. I started reading His scriptures. The New Testament, Gospel of John. Each night, since AUG-16th, I used to kneel down and pray in the Holy Ghost. I was studying and deeply pondering over THE SEVEN SAYINGS OF LORD JESUS ON THE CROSS. What a miserable death He had on the cross-Why, Why no one else in the history of humanity? When even the one created by His hands were killing HIM - Jesus in His mercy urged the Father:"Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing"...I was struck there. It sounded to me something great. I found myself in the 4 worded letter "them”. But, unlike what others say, this Jesus in his last words was forgiving us. Some illumination penetrated my inner eyes. This example of Jesus has been exceptional. I was sure that nobody could emulate Him on the cross. I found solution. His last words penetrated my soul and. I asked Him forgiveness.
I reflected a lot over this sui generis example of JESUS-Was Jesus a Lunatic to pay His LIFE on the cross merely for being treated as one of the multiple means of salvation?The other so-called gods and ways hadn't suffered like HIM-Why? I got convinced that it is indispensable to believe Jesus and His intriguing claims for Mukti .I observed that my previous faith had been the continuation of the legacy of my forefathers and allowed no place for me to take my own decision.I sensed -In the name of Religion, something wrong has been happening in the world.I then believed that HE WAS THE TRUTH,THE WAY AND THE LIFE.NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM- John 14:1-11

In that silent night,in that darkness,rays of light penetrated my soul.I knelt down and surrendered to His love and gave my life to Jesus.

When i started loving Jesus,the world started leaving me(not all). Beloved,the pains. the world has been hostile to Jesus.I also encountered many trials and storms.But, i have also experienced the goodness of the Lord..
I sing
"On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

Reflect - Had I taken the right decision?
The real person or the nature of anybody will be revealed when he/she goes through the TRIALS.The personality of God,the character of Father,love of Jesus was revealed when we have gone astray.In His last words God didn't react unlike humans and demigods.God so loved the world and sent His only begotten son - Jesus to save us.Those who believe in Him will be saved and will have eternal life .


Continued as a comment on this post.

2 comments:

  1. I pray for the Enlightenment of inner eyes.
    PRAY THE SINNER'S PRAYER-

    "LORD JESUS,I Accept that i am the sinner.i am lost.I am ready to accept you as my only Saviour and the Lord of my life.I believe that you died on the cross for me also.You shed your blood for the redemption of my sins.You rose again and you are the Living God.Please come into my heart God.Make me your child and disciple and empower me with your HOLY SPIRIT.THANK YOU JESUS.AMEN!"

    A Little too Late..Life is short

    She couldn’t take another year in prison. she couldn’t even think about it. it had become so loathsome that it was almost preferable to die than to waste away any longer behind those walls. so her appeal began, not to the governor, nor to the warden, but to the prison undertaker. the undertaker was responsible for all inmates that died. he placed them in coffins, sealed the coffins, and took them out for burial. after some time and female wiles, she was finally able to persuade the man to help her escape. the plan was simple. the next time someone died, he would allow her to get into the coffin with the dead body. he would then nail the lid shut, take it out to the graveyard, bury it, and return under the cover of darkness to open it and free her. there would be enough oxygen in the coffin for that amount of time.
    eventually the opportunity came. someone died. according to plan, she sneaked into the darkened parlor and crawled into the coffin with the body. shortly after that, the lid was nailed down. she felt the movement of the coffin as it was carried out to the waiting wagon. there was a rocking motion as it was pulled out of the prison yard, through the gates that were locked upon her for so many years, beyond the walls that she could never climb. she felt the wagon stop in the beggars’ graveyard, sensed the downward motion of the coffin as it was lowered into the hole dug for it. a swelling sense of victory filled her. the ploy was going to work. she heard the clunking noise of earth being shoveled onto the coffin, until at last she could hear no more. now it was only a short wait until the undertaker would come for her. being curious, she lit a match to see who had died. in the brief flare of light she saw who it was. it was the undertaker. she screamed, unheard by the world above her.
    this fictional story, first aired on alfred hitchcock presents, unintentionally poses a question. in whom do you put your trust for salvation? is it in a person, perhaps a religious teacher? if so, are you sure that he or she won’t end up in the coffin with you, a victim of death just as powerless as you? do you trust religious practices? then you must ask yourself if all the dietary regulations and meditation techniques in the world will free you when death and judgment come to call. perhaps you haven’t thought about it. you may have implicitly trusted that your sins will have no consequences, that you will float into a celestial paradise with no questions asked about your past life. and then, maybe you are trusting that there isn’t anything beyond the grave. will you find out a little too late, perhaps one second beyond death, that you were wrong? at that point, protests and tears will not change a thing.
    the bible recommends one means of salvation, one savior, one name: jesus christ. we are told, "and there is salvation in no other, for neither is there another name under heaven given among men in which we must be saved." (acts 4:12) the phrase salvation in no other guarantees that, in the end everything will fail us most disastrously, except for christ.
    by john myer
    tract taken from the harvest vol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this Bro.Andrew.

    ReplyDelete